Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Use Up Scraps

I have a drawer in my desk that is filled with scrap-paper. I get anxiety only by thinking of it and I haven´t opened it in like... forever. But the other day I decided to make something out of all scrap-pieces.

So taking on my "Big Girl Pants" I jumped in and took out a pill of papers. I wanted to have the same size so I went with 10*15 cm (6*4 inches) because I have photo-pockets that size. I just went with it without thinking too much, just gluing it down.

The first one I keep simple with allot of elements cut out of Graphic 45 papers.
On this tag I found a photo of a girl I had drawn a few year back and cut her out and around her a allot of book-mark flowers.
number 3 is a mix of Prima and Graphic 45 papers with some vintage musicsheet.
My favorite is no 4 with K&Company  paper and Prima packaging. The focal point is Graphic 45 cut outs but there is some Panduro and My Minds Eye papers to in there.
No 5 has it´s own video and here we can talk about layers. papers from Graphic 45, Magnolia, DCWV & My Minds Eye.  You can see how I put this together from cutting up the papers to cover the lamp with glossy accents.

I hope this gave you some inspiration to get started with your scrap. Now when I don´t know what to do I get start on a new tag with the papers laying on my desk or taking up some from the drawer. I feel better knowing that I use the papers even though the tags might not be the best looking ever...

Love Julia





No comments:

Post a Comment