Sunday, June 22, 2014

The shabby chic Cottage

 Here is my latest project: The Cottage!



Let´s get right to it: I started with this wood-scraps that I took from my dad. This are really thin and I could just break them up.










Then it´s just to start gluing... I wanted a long- thin house and then I put two pieces at the bottom and one on the back- so I can glue flowers in it later.













When the house is put together I painted it in white gesso. Then on the house I painted with crackle medium and the roof is pearl-paint mixed with distress inks. After 4 hours I could paint the rest of the house (the crackle medium needs to rest for about 4h) with a light dove-blue color.






But I couldn´t leave the roof for long so I put on pearled-micas and white glitter. Than over the door I put a metal corner.












And just like that: The house is finished! I took an old paint brush that had an accident with glitter-glue... and now it´s a flagpole with a blinged-out flag.

 The clockhead is from Maya Road that I jus put some pearls and stones on.

 A fence made out of flower-sticks and string.
 The chain is arranged in a pocket-watch fashion. And the house is surrounded with flowers and Prima bling swirls. All the flowers are brushed with Chrystal stickels.
 Here are my shabby chic Cottage:
Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment