Friday, August 29, 2014

Project Wilna part 2- Don´t Forget How To Fly

                                                     *Process video*

Happy Friday everyone and welcome to Project Wilna part 2!
I´m so glad you stopped bye and well, let´s get started!


So we start with checking out Wilna´s page:

This layout is build up in three parts: Photo, embellishment & journaling.
The colors are one of my favorite compo; grey and yellow. The embellishment is ribbon and scrap-pieces with brads/ buttons in changing colors, black to coral to yellow.  Here is her process video check it out to see our different processes.

What I will take with me is the layout and the thought with it. I will challenge my self with the colors. I have a hard time making red work so that is the color I picked to go with black and grey.


Here is me take in the layout:

Black & White with Red.  Black and white is not hard to work with, but red is. So bringing out the red lipstick in the photo with red dymo, red embellishments and red splatter.
 The background is from Basic Grey and I love it! I have been "saving" it but it´s perfect for this page, with all the flying  shippes. The squares are from My Mind´s Eye: Ruby and goes from black to red to white. Over the journaling I dropped some red mist I mixed ages ago.
 Wilna had matted her photo on a vellum pecie with gold dots. Now, I don´t have any vellum let alone any with dots so I made my own. The paper is what you have when you bake so it´s hard for anything to stick to the surfaces. But Ranger gold paint sure does stick, so I made dots with the old dried dabber.
 I love how the "vellum" turned out but I couldn´t get it to stick...(yes I know how blond that sounds...) so I finally went with staples and cut out the center to stick down the photo.
 I just love how this turned out with the colors and the layout. I would never have done a layout like this if I hadn´t started this project. My favorite part is the gold and the ribbon. I haven´t used ribbon in ages, but maybe I give it a try, this way.

I´m so happy over this page and I hope you give it a try.
Thank you for stopping bye and I hope to see you next Friday for part 3 or if you love project life; on Tuesday for week 34 process video :)

Have a great weekend
Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment