Saturday, October 22, 2016

Happy Halloween- card using Penny Black Stamp

These are two of the first stamps I bought when starting scrapbooking. Feeling a bit nostalgic, remembering the the excitement of starting a new hobby I had to do something with these two! The super cute cat-stamp is call "cat o' lantern" by Penny Black 2001 and the "halloween" is from Kortmakaren.
To color these oldies I ventured out and tried something new, alcohol markers! I had picked up a few called "Le Plume" and I really liked how it came out! I soon realized that the more colors you have the better look you'll get but with the few I had, I'm really happy! 
 The card itself is really simple, that colored image is punched with a 2" circle, layered on vellum, some die-cuted copper leafs and a embossed sentiment on a dark-blue metallic card base.





I'm so happy with how these cards came out and I had a really great time making them! I did a batch of 5 and using this dark blue metallic card base made such an impact. Now I'll have to remember to post them!


No comments:

Post a Comment