Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"Trandansen" 12x12 scrapbook using Maggie Holmes "Bloom"

On Easter my mom, dad, my little brother & I set out to see the cranes dancing at Hornborgarsjön.
Every year thousands of cranes gather there before continuing on their journey north. It was amazing, so many of them, singing and dancing (well more like shouting and jumping around) but I thought it was unbelievable and breathtaking. 
Now this was march 26 and still barely spring but I wanted to add some element to the page that said "it was amazing", something to pop against the dull colors of the photos. I thought the yellow flowers would be nice, flowers usually are positive and the yellow is a happy color. 

I placed them to frame the photos and added a embossed title in white. All to keep the layout light and fresh, with focus on the photos. 





Products used:
Embossing White
Shimelle Roller date stamp
WRMK charcoal cardstock 

I hope you have found this page inspiring and that you can make a big statement with just a piece of paper.  I cut up an entire sheet and I still have many flowers left, yes it takes some time but to me it's so worth doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment