Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scrapbook page "Cheval"

We have come to page 7 of the panduro design paper pad "Cirkus". Today that layout is for my old pony Cheval "Walle" how became 28 years old.

To be honest, this design is not amongst my favorites but I think that makes it more perfect for today. Some times you don´t have that perfect design at home and that came be frustrating. So I´m going to show you how I "make it work".





The top and bottom I paint in white and make a form of cloud shape. Then I spray with my own mixed glimmer mist in blue and brown. Added a stamp from Tim Holtz and the flourishes I just filed in with a black marker. This way the page is lighter but still have the beautiful flourishes.














Now for the fun part! The photo with a handmade- paper photo mat get some company on the layout. Blue flower from prima, white from petaloo, pearls from Queen & co, pearl swirls from Zva, brads from Victoria's design house and dymo label. Oh and I almost forgot the piece of lace on the left side o the photo.









And this is how it all came together. Now scroll up and look at the design one more time. Bye just enhancing some elements and tone some down you can get a completely different design.

Don´t be afraid of chancing the paper, make it your own.

Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment