Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cute Flowers from Scraps

Making embellishments from your own stash should be both fun and easy. We all wish we could buy scrapbook supplies for thousands of euros, pounds or dollars but not many of us can. But what we can do is make super cute stuff on our own with just the scraps in our stash.

So let´s get started with a cute flower. When I do this I turn my desk in to a proper buffet table. Buttons, string, tulle and papers cut in to different sizes circle. (When I say circular I mean a sort of round shape. I can´t cut a round circle even if i´s drawn before so a roundish shape is fine) I put the papers in sort order, pattern and text paper. I like to use bookpages to add a natural layer.

To put this together I prefer my glue-gun but be careful, I have burned myself more time than I care to admit... Start with the bottom circle size of your flower and glue the other layers on top. Add string, tulle and what not in between to add texture and scrunch up the paper if you don´t want it to just lay flat. Finish of with some leafs and a center, like a button. 


No just keep going, I had a hard time stopping, try different combinations and sizes! Add this to your layout, pocket page och home decor for a cute hand made look. No flower will look alike, different paper qualities, pattern and texture makes this fun to keep trying when you know you will get a unique look everytime. 

Love Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment